Saturday, April 4, 2009

What If?

The Great Wall of China is over 4000 miles long, and while amazing, you cannot see it from the moon. I found this while just browsing through pictures this morning, thinking of where I have been and the things I have seen. I had a dream last night about travelling again, and of course, some parts were obscure, but I couldn't help but wonder what my dreams would be like if I had not seen anything past the city limits. In no way do I intend to project my ideas on travelling to those who haven't, or guilt or bad feelings about being in one place. I just don't know how that would feel, or how different my life would be.

My speculation leads be to believe that some things would be easier. Ignorance is not bliss, but it doesn't require reflection or action. Sometimes I feel like a walking contradiction when I think of my kids in Africa. Why should I have so much, and they so little? Should I sell everything I have so that I too, only have little? This is not the answer, but a question that plagues me. The only thoughts presently are that the things I have seen motivate me to compassion and understanding. I don't want to "fix" everything, its not the messiah complex, but perhaps more of a rubiks complex. I want to understand why things don't work there, to solve the puzzle. Unfortunately, I am not God, and doubt that I will ever come close to an explanation that my brain will accept. So what then, you ask? I trust that He does understand and is capable of more love and compassion than I can fathom. My job is not always to do, but to trust, not lose faith, and be willing to say, "I don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment